Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Quite the Stressful Event...


Since the day I turned 15 my mom has been nagging at me to get my permit. I have always been like oh i'll get it, but secretly I was scared to death. We kept setting dates to do it, but things kept coming up so I was really relieved when they did. On Tuesday I didn't have school so my mom took me to the DMV and I got all registered to take the test. I pretty much knew I would not pass the test the first time. I got two chances to take it on Tuesday, then I would have to come back another day and take it again. If I failed it a third time I would have to register again and pay the fee and go through it all over again. Like I thought I failed the first time. I got 72%. I felt so stupid, becuase the girl before me got a 92%. I decided to try again and this time I got a 78%. I missed the passing point by ONE question. I was so close. I wanted to cry. I felt so stupid, the guy working at the desk talked to me like I couldn't get more stupid, and my mom was calling everyone telling them I failed. So we got home and the first thing Ellie and Gracie asked was if I passed. I had to say no and they laughed. So that just got me to study harder. I pulled the book and a highliter out and got to work. I studied about 1/4 of the book before I got so bored and found something else to do. Once I got in bed I felt so stressed that I didn't study to the whole book. It took me two hours to get to sleep that night. I took the book the school today, but didn't have any time to study. My mom picked me up from school and I studied frantically and of course she took the shorter way to get to the DMV. Within 5 minutes of getting to the DMV I was in my seat taking the test. This time I asked for headphone and I recommend using them, because it helped me so much. The first question was easy and the test was easy for the most part, minus a few questions. Very scared, I pressed the Finished button and to my surprise the computer screen was green. I got an 84% and passed. I got my permit!!! YAY!! It took way to long to get that thing. I just went for a drive on the main road and I was very proud of myself. That was quite the stressful event...

2 comments:

Mariah Payne said...

Yay Tay! That's exciting. The people at the DMV always make you feel stupid (probably because they hate their job and hate their life) so don't sweat it:)
Love you!

Kristen said...

Congratulations Taylor!! I can't believe your mom is letting you learn how to drive in her new car. SCAREY!! Are you taking Drivers Ed yet? Zach just started and now he can't get his license until the end of school. He is so bummed. He's been driving forever so he feels ready to get it once he turns 16.