Sunday, December 12, 2010

A Weekend with the Family...

Yes... I have something to blog about!!! Thist past weekend we made plans to go to my uncle Matt's new apartment all day Saturday, then Nana's for dinner, then off to Temple Square to see the lights and a little Christmas Concert. Well, the morning started out rough with a lot of tears from Ellie and Gracie. My mom noticed bright red eyes from Gracie and just thought it was from her crying so much, but about an hour later one of her eyes was still pretty red. My mom and a doctor down the street came to the conclusion that Gracie has pink eye. This ruined all of our plans and I was pretty upset. My mom broke the news to us that we would have to stay home, because no one wanted pink eye. So we got home and sat around watching TV and we all fell asleep. It was quite the boring day! This is when we all started to get emotional and just grumpy. So we decided to take a little drive and get some fresh air. So we went to the grocery store and got some snacks and the girls wanted a chicken leg from the meat area... or whatever it's called! Then, we wanted to get a new movie (that wasn't christmas, becuase that's all we have been watching lately) but they didn't have any appropriate or good ones, so we left a little discouraged, but tried to keep our positive attitudes. When we got home we made some snacks and were laughing and having fun when my mom came strolling in with a new movie. She brought us Ramona and Beezus. I can't even explain how much I loved it! It was so cute and creative. It definately made me want to be a better sister! We laughed and cried and we all loved it so much. Well, witht the exception of my dad. He went in the other room and broke out the Harry Potter movies, which we have also been watching as a family. This weekend was so much fun to just spend with the family, even though we were all pretty bummed out about Gracie being sick.
****
New subject.... Today my sunday school teacher was in New York for her daughter's modeling, so we combined with the older class. The teacher had a huge bag and broke out Capri Suns, Wheat Thins, packs of pretzel M&Ms, packs of skittles, a box of homeade cookies, gourmet christmas cookies, Oreos, butterfingers, little mint candy things, and that's all I can remember. On top of that we played a game instead of a lesson. It was not spiritual to any extent! I was a little disappointed! :(
****
Today has been good! After all my meetings me and the girls cleaned the kitchen for my mom, then we watched the 6th Harry Potter and I guess I fell asleep, because I woke up cuddling Hurley! hahahaha!
****
I am so excited for New Year's! We are going up to the Cabin again with the Family! We will miss the Martinsen's dearly, but it will be such a blast. And hopefully Nana can give us rules like she keeps saying she wants to... ;)


Happy Holidays!! :)

2 comments:

Mariah Payne said...

Tay... you're just adorable. Glad you had a fun weekend. I want to see that movie, I know my sisters really want to see it to.
I'll miss you so much, but I hope you have a blast at the cabin. Love you!

Amy said...

It ended up being a fun day just ahnging out together. I love you and appreciate you being a good big sister!